BOTOX PRE-TREATMENT & POST-TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS
- To avoid bruising, it is best not to use anything that thins the blood such as aspirin, Advil, Motrin, Vitamin E or alcoholic drinks for a few days before treatment.
- Sunburned skin is difficult to treat so avoid exposure to the sun.
- Avoid Waxing, bleaching, tweezing, or the use of hair removal cream on the area to be treated.
- Avoid the use of Alpha Hydroxyl Acids higher than 10% and Retinoid (such as Retin A) for a few days before treatment.
- PLEASE READ THIS FORM AS WELL AS THE CONSENT FORM (esp. ‘who should not have this procedure?’) AND POST TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT SO THAT WE MAY BETTER ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS AND ADDRESS ANY CONCERNS YOU MAY HAVE.
BOTOX POST-TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS
- You may have bruises in the treated areas. This is normal and temporary. Topical Arnica (available at health food stores) may be helpful.
- It may take up to two weeks for you to experience the full effect of the treatment. Remain patient. It takes time for the muscles to lose strength and the lines to fade. Please wait until this time has passed before assessing if you are pleased with the result.
- Some muscle movement will remain. The objective of treatment is to improve the appearance of the lines, not completely paralyze the muscle. In this way, you benefit from continued subtle facial expression.
- Exercising the treated areas for 1-2 hours after treatment (e.g. practice frowning, raising your eyebrows, or squinting) is thought to help work the solution into the muscles.
However, it will NOT decrease your results if you forget to do this.
- For 4 hours after treatment, do NOT rub or massage the treated areas, practice Yoga or any type of strenuous exercise, or use a sauna. This will minimize the risk of temporary bruising. Feel free to shower and go about most other regular daily activities.
- Do NOT lie down for 4 hours after treatment. This is to avoid the risk of pressure on the treated areas (from your pillow) or having the area rubbed accidentally.
- Be assured that any tiny bumps or marks will go away within a few hours. If you need to apply make-up within 4 hours after your treatment, only use a GENTLE touch to avoid rubbing the treated area.
- This is a temporary procedure and, at first, you may find that your treatment results last approximately 3 or 4 months. If you maintain regular treatment schedule (every 3-4 months initially), the results of each treatment result may last longer.
- Initially, Med Spa at Villagio sees patients for additional treatments between 3-months (12 weeks) and 4 months (16 weeks) because we feel we are able to create the best clinical results for you during this period. If you allow Botox to wear off completely, it is difficult for the doctor to see how your muscles have reacted and therefore optimal individualized results may be more difficult to achieve.
- Please call our office at 281-347-2566 with any questions or concerns.